Sunday, July 29, 2012

i don't want to over-wriggle




















So, let's forget every icky thing you've heard about Woody Allen.  Which is probably a lot. I know, I know. BUT PLEASE can we talk about how GOOD some of his films are? I was asked once what my favorite Woody Allen was once in a drama class and I almost passed out from the indecision. While it may not be my absolute favorite,  Broadway Danny Rose is definitely in my top 5. But please don't ask me what that is either, I heard somewhere that passing out is bad for your brain. Or something. 

It stars Woody Allen (seriously this man always KILLS IT in his own films) as a struggling talent agent and Mia Farrow (almost unrecognizable) as the mistress of an up-and-coming lounge singer and seriously it's SO GREAT. I mean, the helium scene. The helium scene, I tell you.


Broadway Danny Rose

Also notable is the style in this film. Woody looks unsettlingly sleazy in his cheesy talent agent atire, but Mia Farrow is all overdone glamour. THOSE SUNGLASSES. So, a set commemorating her pegged camel pants, floral blouse and SUNGLASSES (because those deserve to be mentioned twice) seemed appropriate.

Pants by Wood Wood, Top by Equipment, Shoes by Mango, and Bag by Mulberry.

Set and screenshots by yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment