Tuesday, October 2, 2012

fine, you're a nummy treat

Alright. I was going to start this post apologizing for my absence/not posting deal but I realized I didn't really have a good reason. Unless you count AMAZING TELEVISION SHOWS as a good reason for getting nothing done at all during the month of September. Which of course, I do. We'll start with my complete admission that I'm way behind on this whole Joss Whedon worship wagon thing but BETTER LATE THAN NEVER/THE EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE WORM/OTHER WELL WORN CLICHE.

Because Buffy, you guys. Just... Buffy.

Five awesome things about Buffy that are totally not ranked because that would be way too hard: 
(for the record I blame 90s television quality and/or netflix for the mildly shitty appearance of these screencaps)


Drusilla 
(notice my unprecedented use of bold here, which indicates that this word is important -- aren't I so handy with this whole thing????) 
 I SWEAR I SWEAR I'm still for the goodies and  I totally don't approve of eating puppies, but Drusilla is amazing. Like she is SO scary and insane and she wears the best dresses and I just want her to be my best friend if maybe she could borrow Spike's chip. And eat less people. 




Once More With Feeling
If you've heard of Buffy, you've probably heard of this episode. I'd imagine it doesn't make for particularly good one-off viewing, because you really have to know the characters for it to hold any weight, but I. Mean. Joss taught himself how to read music and play an instrument just to make this episode. Which he wrote. IT MUST BE BUNNIES. 



Willow's closet
Yes, the outfits in this show are basically a time capsule-esque tribute to the 90s but Willow's CLOTHES. The rainbow sweaters, overalls, floppy hats and OH YEAH THAT DAISY TRIMMED PINK FUZZY SWEATER FROM DOPPELGANGLAND? OH YEAH. My girl always brings the softer side of Sears.  





The Halloween Episodes
THE FIRST TWO ARE BRILL, OKAY? 


The Bronze 
This hip, high-schooler welcoming club with the BEST bands (Michelle Branch, The Breeders, and DINGOES ATE MY BABY) totally would never exist anywhere BUT I LOVE IT NONETHELESS. If you maybe factor out the high incidence of vampire attacks.



No comments:

Post a Comment